- Hits: 1922
McKinsey & Company has set the standards of excellence in top management consulting for more than 85 years. We advise decision makers in leading companies, the public sector, nonprofit organizations, and innovative, fast-growing start-ups around the globe. When you come to McKinsey, you take on challenges that matter with people who matter in organizations that matter.
Our Capital Productivity group is part of our Operations Practice. Our clients include leading companies worldwide from a wide range of industries. We offer their management support and advice on strategic and operational questions relating to capital productivity. Capital productivity consultants are thought leaders and expert practitioners with deep experience in delivering very large capital projects in the application of continuous improvement.
At McKinsey, you will have unique opportunities to use your knowledge creatively to influence others. You will apply managerial expertise gained from large capital projects and deep experience in bottom-up design, design optimization, risk management, contracting and procurement, and ramp-up of production processes in capital-intensive industries. You will carry out Lean Six Sigma project implementations and capability building in the context of the overall wave, project, and continuous improvement effort. You will develop short- and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership and McKinsey client service teams, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources. You will introduce new frameworks, tools, or ways of using existing material; identify clients for beta testing; and codify new knowledge in articles. You will provide expertise in project/program management tools such as portfolio management, platforming, road mapping, lifecycle planning, and project controls. You will perform structured, fact-based diagnoses of systems, processes, and organizations across a broad range of industries.
- You have a proven track record and expertise in delivering large capital-expenditure projects (larger than USD 100 million) across the entire project lifecycle
- You have professional experience in an industry or consulting environment, including a progressive career trajectory, outstanding professional achievement and impact
- You are proficient in industrial engineering, contractor management, design optimization, procurement, and commissioning
- You have experience in one of the following industry sectors: chemicals, civil works and public infrastructure, consulting, high tech, heavy construction, heavy equipment manufacturing, metals and mining, oil and gas, power generation, production, rail, telecommunications, utilities
- You hold an excellent university degree
- You have outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- You show great initiative and creativity, working well both on your own or in a team
- You are confident, enthusiastic, personable, and mobile
- You are able to convince others through your written or spoken communications – in the language of the country where you will work, as well as in English