Full Name: Tinashe ChIKOMO
Position: Plant Metallurgist
What contribution do you see yourself making to the Young Professionals Council and the SAIMM?:
One of the key areas of interest in my developing career has been technical and operations training, primarily for students on industrial attachment and graduates. I believe that l can aid in research and forming synergies between industry and academics through various interactions. As such, of the working groups, the education and career guidance divisions will be the fields I will be able to contribute to the YPC. To the broader SAIMM body, I have taken a leaf from various presentations that have been made across the board and over the years have aided various personnel in their presentations at institutional, national and regional level.
Interaction/activities that you currently participate in within the SAIMM (if applicable):
- Associate Member of SAIMM
- Attended a SAIMM conference held in Zimbabwe once in August 2017.
- 2013-2017: BSc honours Degree in Metallurgical Engineering (UZ)
- Pending from 2019-2020: Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Pending from 2020-2021: Diploma in General Management
- 2019: Development and Implementation Certificates for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 (Standards Association of
Brief career history:
Tinashe started his graduate learnership with Freda Rebecca Gold Mine (FRGM), Bindura, Zimbabwe in August 2017 and in September 2019 he was appointed junior Metallurgist. As of April 2020, he is a Plant Metallurgist whose section covers Metallurgical Services and Production. Previously, before his tenure at FRGM, in 2016 he was an intern at Clarson and Company: Founders and Engineers in harare for a period of 6 months.