Full Name: Thabiso KWENANE
What contribution do you see yourself making to the Young Professionals Council and the SAIMM?:
To propose a model that creates a body that integrates SAIMM & Young Professional Council, MQA and DMR at the highest standard which ensures it targets compliancy and monitoring within all the mining companies and related with regard to the requirements of graduate entry and progress up to a complete professional level. The model should ensure that graduates are developed perfectly to be absorbed by companies or trained to become solely independent to open small scale mines and processing plants.
Interaction/activities that you currently participate in within the SAIMM (if applicable):
- BSc honours Metallurgy – Applied Science (Extractive): University of Pretoria
- BTech Extraction Metallurgy: University of johannesburg
- National Diploma Extraction Metallurgy: University of johannesburg
Brief career history:
- 2017: Current: Metallurgist at SGS South Africa
- 2014–2017: Graduate Metallurgist at AngloGold Ashanti
- 2012–2013: Trainee Metallurgist at Anglo American (Platinum sector).