FullName: Talha MAhOMEDY
- Associate Director of Strategy (SMYL Training & hR Solutions),
- Board of Directors (Verulam MKI Property Trust)
- Former UKZN SRC President 2016
- Former UKZN Geological Society Chairman 2017
What contribution do you see yourself making to the Young Professionals Council and the SAIMM?:
Having been in industry over the past 2 years as a strategy specialist, I have been able to hone my skills, including but not limited to, optimizing revenues, employee buy-in, as well as 4IR implementation which boosts overall business growth. Further, my leadership experience at an institutional level (University of Kwa-Zulu Natal) as well as at a corporate level (Verulam Property Trust) , both with budgets ranging from R50-R500 million, as well as key structures for decision making has been astutely harnessed. My undergraduate degree in Engineering Geology , including my chairmanship of the UKZN Geological Society has kept me abreast with the field of mining &
Interaction/activities that you currently participate in within the SAIMM (if applicable):
- I have participated in the SAIMM Protégé Mentorship Program in 2016.
- SAIMM Membership Committee member from 2017 to date.
- SAIMM Membership Committee champion since 2019.
- Successfully reviewed 4 papers for the YPC Conference 2020.
- BSC Geological Sciences, majoring in Engineering Geology & Mineral and Ore Deposits (UKZN 2017)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (UKZN 2018)(3 Distinctions)
- Master of Commerce, Business Management (UKZN)(5 Distinctions)
- Currently enrolled for Master’s thesis at UKZN specializing in strategy & 4IR systems
Brief career history:
- 2014–junior OPS manager for Vision Direct CC
- 2015–junior OPS manager for ENGEN group of companies
- 2016–UKZN SRC President & Senator
- 2017–Elected on the board of directors for the VMKI Trust
- 2019–Enrolled for a Master’s in Business Management Degree
- 2020–Promoted to Associate Director of Business Strategy (SMYL group of companies).