Detail-orientated Mechanical Engineer with 3+ years' of experience in design and fabrication of high-temperature laboratory equipment for the Pyrometallurgy research industry.
- Decision making
- Teamwork • Technical writing
- Technical designs
- Research orientated
Mechanical Engineer - 01/2018 to Present
- Investigation, design, and fabrication of prototype high-temperature laboratory equipment.
- Project management relating to facility renovation and upgrade projects.
- Assists in multi-disciplinary research activities.
- Design of pilot plant infrastructure.
Engineer-in-Training - 01/2017 to 12/2017
- Multi-disciplinary research and test work
- Soft-skill development
- Bachelor of Engineering: Mechanical Engineering - 2016, North-West University, Potchefstroom
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours: Welding Metallurgy – Metallurgical Engineering - 2019; University of Pretoria, Pretoria
- Engineering Council of South Africa, ECSA Candidate Engineer
- The Southern Africa Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, SAIMM Member
CHPC National Conference
Topic – High-performance computing in Pyrometallurgy, Cape Town
Topic: Practical considerations in the design of an experimental set-up for laboratory-scale investigation of slag freeze-linings, Virtual Conference - Canada
• SAIMM – Furnace Tapping, 2018
“Multiphase flow modelling of lancing of furnace tap-holes: validation of multiphase flow simulated in OpenFOAM”
• JOM, 2019
“Benchmark for Tap-Hole Lifecycle Management Practices in Silicomanganese Production When Submerged Arc Furnace Technology of Circular Design is Applied”
• COM2020, 2020
“Practical considerations in the design of an experimental set-up for laboratory-scale investigation of slag freeze-linings”