Full name(s) and surname:
METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING GRADUATE TRAINEE AT RIOZIM CAM & MOTOR MINE
What contribution do you see yourself making to the Young Professionals Council and the SAIMM?
- I will deliver to both YPC and SAIMM, some new technological methods towards processing of the abundant refractory gold ores we have in Africa as whole.
- I also will help to reach out to remote area students and help them with carrier guidance as well as imparting innovation and entrepreneurship skills to them as I will be acquiring them from SAIMM as a whole.
- Also I will hand in a publishing effort to YPC in SAIMM by grabbing with two hands and opportunity that come my way to advertise and publish new findings and research methods.
Interactions/activities that you currently participate in within the SAIMM (if applicable):
- I attend to SAIMM conferences and also participate in the SAIMM-University of Zimbabwe) competitions which are usually scheduled for 4th year students only (so I will take my chance this year, 2019).
- Participated in the 16th SAIMM Student Colloqium Competion as I stood in for Zimbabwe (awarded the best futuristic project award from MINTEK)
Bachelor of Science Honours Degree In Metallurgical Engineering from the University of Zimbabwe [Feb 2016 – Dec 2019]
Brief career history:
- Metallurgical Engineering Graduate Trainee at RioZim CAM & MOTOR Mine
- Due to lack of attachment in my programme study years, I managed to have a total of 14 up to date serving as a vacational attaché at RIO ZIM CAM & MOTOR Mine in Kadoma, Zimbabwe.
- Managed to undertake a project at CAM and MOTOR Mine on refractory gold ores and it was a success.
- Also I am a holder of the 2019 African Student Association RESEARCH IMPACT AWARD.
- Holder of the BEST FUTURISTIC 2019 PROJECT Award from MINTEK at the 16th SAIMM Student colloquium
- I am also a holder of the 2013 Mt Selinda High School OVERAL BEST FORM 4 STUDENT AWARD.
Date and place of birth:
Thursday 01 January 1998 at Renco Mine Clinic, Masvingo, Zimbabwe.
Other industry body affiliations?
Student Level in the Zimbabwe Institute of Engineers [Z.I.E]
What are your views on the 4th industrial revolution?
- 4th Industrial Revolution [4IR], I personally see it as the gap filler complementing what robots can’t do but humans can. By making use of things such as robotics, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, quantum computing and biotechnology, it is by 4IR that there will be a beginning of high industrial production and an improved accuracy in dimensions will be observed as more of non-human effort will be under use.
- For it is characterized by a fusion of technologies that is blurring the lines between the physical, digital and biological spheres, collectively referred to as cyber-physical systems, 4IR is going to make large numbers of people unemployment and also many human lives and rights will be lost due to this sophisticated industrial revolution.
If you were a precious metal what would you be and why?
- It’s only because platinum is the mineral I see at high value and yet with a large scope of application to its use.
- Also I would be platinum because it is associated with many base metal minerals as well as many other PGMs and other precious metals making a complex route for its refining.
How do you think industry bodies such as the SAIMM can better equip young professionals such as yourself?
Young people like me have great innovative ideas but lack quite a number of things which I think SAIMM shoulder offer to us;
- Carrier guidance
- Industrial Exposure
- Entrepreneurship skills and lectures
- Strong funding towards execution of their brilliant ideas
How do you see young professionals making a significant change in the industry?
Young professionals tend and prove to have fresh and kicking mind-sets so I see them bringing better ways of doing business at very low costs but at high production….and this only can be witnessed if these young professionals get the above 5 requests.
What gets you up in the morning?
The faith of knowing that I hold solutions to Africa’s main problems always gets me up in the morning.
Social media links or information:
• WhatsApp & calls – 00263783283851
• Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
• Facebook- Munashe V Musapingura
• LinkedIn- VISION MUSAPINGURA
• Twitter- @VISIONMUSAPING1
• Instagram- visionmusapingura