Full Name: Shepherd Fungai MANjENGWA
Position: Consultant and Entrepreneur
What contribution do you see yourself making to the Young Professionals Council and the SAIMM?:
Participating in strategic planning and programs implementation, I am interested to be part of the team that grows and
promotes the Institute and the programs to the Mining and processing Youth in South Africa more so in surrounding
countries. To maintain and develop relations between YPC and the Mining and Metallurgy establishments in South Africa and abroad.
Interaction/activities that you currently participate in within the SAIMM (if applicable):
- SAIMM YPC planning and review meetings
- YPC Funding and strategic planning portfolios
- I have attended SAIMM banquet and regular conferences, eager to participate in any SAIMM and YPC activities.
- National Diploma (Mining) (Eng)
Brief career history:
- I did my Internship at Scientific and Industrial Research and Development Centre from 2014 to 2015, while there I also got an opportunity to do hands on Open Pit Mining Case Study at Pomona Stone Quarries.
- I also had another Internship at Bindura Nickel Cooperation at Trojan Nickel Mine from 2015 to 2016 where among other activities I played a key role in the project: Blasting Explosives Optimization to reduce costs.
- During this period, I was awarded certificates of competence from AEL and obtained an underground Blasting licence. Currently working on bridging the gap between Mining and innovation machinery.
- Consultant (Intellect Ideas) and Director (Savvy Group of Companies).