Steercom Committee Members
- Gary Lane TP Mining Chairperson
- Zelmia Botha Metallurgy Chairperson and Senior Vice President
- Isabel Geldenhuys President Elect
- Rodney Jones Past President (2015-2016)
- Elias Matinde Incoming Junior Vice-President
- Buhle Xakalashe Committee Member
- Facilitate the dissemination of relevant knowledge and experience to the
benefit of all SAIMM members and stakeholders.
- Facilitate independent fact-based discussion of topics of relevance to SAIMM
members and stakeholders.
- Foster collaboration in the interests of all our members and global
- Encourage SAIMM members and our stakeholders to propose topics of interest
for conferences or other events, and provide an independent platform for
these events to be held.
- Coordinate and support the events programme to ensure overall financial
sustainability of the SAIMM
Become a part of the SAIMM knowledge sharing portfolio by presenting your skills and knowledge with the Minerals Industry.
The SAIMM initiated webinars and short courses in May 2020 to remain relevant and continuously share knowledge with the industry during the COVID-19 pandemic when all gatherings were restricted under government regulations. We would like to continue with these events as it has proven to be very successful and topics have been of great interest to the industry. We have had over 2000 attendees over the past 6 months and increased our global footprint significantly.
We would like to invite you to be a part of our success and share your skills and knowledge with the industry through one of our event options.
- Webinars - 1 hour
Webinars are held on the Zoom platform for an hour and is registered for CPD points with ECSA and SACNASP. The event is facilitated and hosts 1 or 2 speakers. and can also host several panellists during a session. These webinars attract a global audience and we have managed to build a substantial database of new attendees from the webinars hosted over the past few months.
- Short Course Type 1 - 3 hours
Short course type 1 runs as an Online, contact (in-person) or hybrid event. It aims to provide knowledge and disseminate specific skills training in a few hours. This will be introductory short courses or aimed at young professionals. This type of short course requires a volunteer presenter.
- Short Course Type 2 – 2 days
Short course type 2 runs as an Online, contact (in-person) or hybrid event. It aims to provide knowledge and disseminate specific specialised skills training over a short period of time (no more than 2 days). This type of short course requires a volunteer presenter or an expert specialist speaker.
- Short Course Type 3 – Over several days/weeks
Short course type 3 runs as an Online, contact (in-person) or hybrid event. It aims to provide knowledge and disseminate specific specialised skills training over a period. This type of short course requires a well-known specialist speaker to present and prepare materials.
What we offer
- The SAIMM will provide secretarial support pre, during and post the event.
- CPD accreditation for all webinars and short courses.
- Marketing via our database and various social media platforms and other marketing channels.
- Provide a platform for you to promote your brand, offerings, and services pre, post and during the event.
- Compensation for selected short course types dependent on the offering and presenter requirements.
So… all we need from you is your time and presentation skills so we can keep supporting the industry and in turn support you!