6. The Technical Library is a VAT Vendor. All fees listed above are exclusive of VAT. The Technical Library shall charge VAT on all fees.
7. The fees listed above shall increase each year, according to the Consumer Price Index.
8 The account to be paid at the offices of the Technical Library upon receipt of invoice,
9. Any notice which may or must be given to the Institute Member may be addressed to the Institute Member at the home address mentioned above, which address is selected as the Institute Member’s domicilium citandi et executandi, for all notices and processes served in terms of this document.
10 Any notice which may or must be given to the Technical Library may be addressed to the Technical Library at Chamber of Mines Building, 7th Floor, 5 Hollard Street Johannesburg, which address is selected as the Technical Library’s domicilium citandi et executandi for all notices and processes served in terms of this document.
11. The Institute Member undertakes to advise the Technical Library in writing of any change of contact details. Should the Institute Member fail to notify the Technical Library all notices served at the address mentioned above will be deemed to have been properly served.
12. The Technical Library shall be entitled to charge interest at the rate of 15,5 % per annum on any overdue accounts from the day they become due. Should the Technical Library decide not to charge interest, this decision shall not constitute a waiver of this clause.
13. In the instance of the Institute Member being a Legal Entity, the Representative above hereby binds him/herself jointly and severally in favour of the Technical Library as surety for and co-principal debtor in solidum with the Institute Member for the due payment of every sum of money which may now or at any time hereafter be or become owing by the Debtor to the Creditor from whatsoever cause or causes arising, and for the due performance of every other obligation, howsoever arising, which the Institute Member may now or at any time hereafter be or become bound to perform in favour of the Technical Library and renounce the benefits of the legal exceptions "excussion", "division", "cession of action", "non causa debiti", "no value received", "revision of accounts" and "de duobus vel pluribus reis debendi", with the full meaning and effects whereof I declare myself to be acquainted.
14. In the event that the Technical Library institute legal action against the Institute Member, in the event of an outstanding account, the Institute Member agrees that a statement of the Technical Library shall suffice as proof of the claim and the Institute Member renounce the benefits of having the account taxed. The Institute Member agrees to be liable for costs of proceedings to be calculated on an attorney and client scale.
15. The Institute Member agrees that the whole cause of this agreement and all incidental aspects thereof arose within district’s jurisdiction where this agreement is signed.
16. The Institute Member agrees that the Technical Library, or its representatives, may attend to any necessary ITC and/or Credit checks on the Institute Member and the signing of this document constitutes consent.
17. This Agreement replaces any older agreement between the parties and supersedes any other agreement entered into between the parties on the same date this agreement is entered into, this agreement further constitutes the sole and entire agreement between the parties, and no warranties, representations, guarantees or other terms and conditions of whatsoever nature not contained herein shall be of any force or effect unless a later similar agreement entered into between the parties in writing and signed by both parties.
18. Electronic submission (in the form of a data message) of this agreement confirms that the Institute Member has read, understood and accepts the terms and conditions of this agreement. The Institute Member’s intent to be bound by this agreement can be inferred by the electronic submission of this agreement, in the absence of a signature/electronic signature.