Constitution and by-laws
The amended Constitution and By-laws will be added to the website shortly.
Code of Professional Conduct
In the interests of performing their work with integrity and sincerity and in accordance with generally accepted norms of professional conduct members of the SAIMM are obliged to:
- Uphold the dignity and standing of their professions and those of the Institute.
- Have due regard for the welfare, safety and health of the public and the environment in all activities.
- Only undertake work for which they have been adequately trained, have the necessary experience and are thus competent to perform.
- Discharge their duties to employers and/or clients effectively and competently, with fidelity and honesty and to respect their employer's confidentiality.
- Strictly avoid advertising their professional services in a self-laudatory way or in a way which would undermine the dignity of the Institute.
- Refrain from malicious or negligent conduct that will injure the professional reputation or business of others.
- Comply with the Constitution of the Institute and where applicable those of legislated Codes of Professional Conduct.
The Code of Professional Conduct appears as By-law H in the Constitution document linked to above.