|Date||30 January 2014|
|-||30 January 2014|
Global Mining Standards And Guidelines Group
30 January 2014 | Professional Development Hub, Wits University, Johannesburg, South Africa
This one-day workshop will provide an overview of the Global Mining Standards and Guidelines Group (GMSG) and current projects underway. GMSG is building a global, multistakeholder community to advance the availablility and use of Standards, Guidelines, and best practices for the international mining industry. Spanning 90 companies and participants around the globe, GMSG serves as the 'table and chairs' providing the platform for the industry-led collaboration.
Topics to be covered will include a discussion of the needs of the African/Southern African mining community, with regards to standards, guidelines and best practices, and opportunities to participate in and lead developments with peers from around the world. Time will be set aside for round table discussion and networking.
Who should attend
- Representatives of mining companies
Highlights of Current GMSG Projects Include
- Development of a unified shovel operator's interface
- Undeground communications infrastructure implementation
- Development of a standard metric for energy in comminution
- Leading indicators for safety guidelines
- Operational KPIs and definitions
- Collaboration and participation with International Standards organizations.
Tel: (011) 834-1273/7
Fax: (011) 833-8156 or (011) 838-5923
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Development of a unified shovel operator's interface
Undeground communications infrastructure implementation
Development of a standard metric for energy in comminution
Leading indicators for safety guidelines
Operational KPIs and defini