DATE: 7 April 2021
Mike has extensive mining knowledge and experience which is put to use in the construction of robust industry information management models in public forums as well as for internal MineRP purposes. He has serviced MineRP clients in IT implementation and consulted broadly in support of IT initiatives in the Mineral Resource Management environment.
Mine Planning was always a passion, keeping pace with the IT tools of the day and now working in the world of 3D graphics, helping miners and IT personnel alike to understand and visualise the realities of mining.
As a Fellow of the SAIMM he continues to contribute to the organisation of and participation in local and international mining conferences
- MSc (Mining Engineering)
- Mine Overseer and Mine Manager Metalliferous Certificates of Competency
- B Eng (Mining)
- 25 years of mining production and projects followed by 20 years in mining focused IT
- Understanding mining business as a process
- Building models and visual tools
- Mining enterprise information management
- General Management
- Planning and production roles in Australian nickel, coal, copper and iron ore mining followed by South African gold, uranium and platinum.
- MineRP Account Management, Business Development and various consulting and strategic roles with local and international clients.
- 3rd party relationships, client IT strategies and further development and implementation of MineRP business strategy.
- Consulting on Value Creation Management in the mining industry across mining methods and commodities
Since joining GMSI in 2001 he has filled various positions, including lead software developer for risk management solutions, project manager for implementations, business development manager overseeing both sales and marketing, and lately, a focused international marketing role.
Empie works closely with MineRP’s Ecosystem partners and MineRP’s VP for Partner relationships and is responsible for coordinating strategy around joint go-to-market strategy activities with the partner ecosystem.
- CompTIA Project+ certifications
- University of Pretoria: Combination courses in B. Eng Land Surveying and B.Sc. Computer Science
- Value Assessment and documentation through issue-based consulting
- Extensive experience across mining technical and industrial ICT Solutions
- Strategic Management
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Project and Programme Management
- Process Analysis and Documentation
- Partner Management
- 25 years’ experience in the software and solutions development industry, having focused on financial, transport logistics, airports and (for the past two decades), mining industries.
- An in-depth understanding of MineRP’s solution set and is a co-patentee of the GeoInventory patent.
- New region business establishment activities in Russia and India
- Complex / Enterprise Sales in both management, lead and supporting roles
- Financial Services Solutions (FinTech) Development in the risk and investment management industries in South Africa