ZIMPLATS - Technical Visit
MUPANI PROJECT—SURFACE & UNDERGROUND TOUR
Zimplats Technical Visit
Located 150km South-West of Harare. Ngezi is Zimbabwe’s principal platinum-group metals producer, operated by Makwiro Platinum Mines, 70% owned by Zimbabwe Platinum Mines (Zimplats) and 30% by Impala Platinum of South Africa. The company does both surface and underground mining but is now focussing on underground mining using electro-hydraulic drill rigs and roof-bolting jumbos. Zimplats does Ore processing at its Selous Metallurgical Complex which consists of a mill, concentrator, smelter and converter and on site laboratories. Smelted concentrates are sold to Impala Refining Services for subsequent precious metals recovery.
1. Please register by end of day Wednesday 21 August o2019.
2. Limited number of attendees, registration is on first come first served basis.
3. Tea and Lunch will be provided.
4. Attendees to organise their own transport to Zimbabwe Platinum Mines in Selous.
5. PPE— Safety shoes, reflective vests and hard hats are mandatory; Dustcoat and goggles are optional.
Please complete and return to:
+263 774 175 961