Full name(s) and surname:
Principal Geotechnical Engineer
What contribution do you see yourself making to the DIMI Committee?
- Expanding difficult and inconvenient boundaries
- Confronting the unpreferred
- Presenting a leadership face for women to ask the challenging questions
- Setting the example of discovering boundaries that have never yet been defined
- Affirming the platform where women of all perspectives can have their say, from the conventional to the inconventional
- Providing the keystone encouragement for women of technical professions to advance themselves through their technical proficiency first, and women’s issues second
Interactions/activities that you currently participate in within the SAIMM (if applicable):
- MEng (Mining Rock Mechanics)
- CoMAREC (Chamber of Mines Advanced Rock Engineering Certificate)
- BSc (Hons, Geophysics)
Brief career history:
Chequered and varied employment history, with some 25 years in the mining industry; exploration, mine seismology, mining rock mechanics and consulting.
Other industry body affiliations?
Social media links or information