- Created: Friday, 15 April 2016 14:54
- The SAIMM is a founding member of the Global Mineral Professionals Alliance (GMPA). Other members are: AusIMM; CIM; IOM3; SME; IIMP. Through this collaboration we offer our members ‘visiting’ status if they are resident in any of the countries where we have a base.
- As a member you will be granted access to the OneMine.org website and all its publications. We are also a member of the Global Mining Standards and Guidelines Group (GMSG), who facilitate global mining collaborations on solutions to common industry problems.
- We also subscribe to the Technical Library and members can take advantage of all services they have on offer by registering on the site.
- If you are registered with the Engineering Council of SA (ECSA) as a SAIMM Member you will qualify for a discount on your ECSA fees.
- You will be able to attend the SAIMM Conferences at discounted rates.
- Attending SAIMM conferences and Branch Events will allow you to collect Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
- Membership includes the SAIMM Journal on a monthly basis.
- You will have the chance to network with a wide cross-section of professional people in the Mining and Metallurgy Industry.
- Active participation in the Institute will result in higher peer recognition.
- Members of the Institute are able to contribute to the development of young talent through our mentoring programme.
After 120 years the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (SAIMM) continues to serve its members. The Institute started in 1894, a few years after the invention of the cyanide process had saved the gold mining industry in South Africa. The previously used technology of gravity separation could not economically recover gold from the fine grained ores of the Transvaal gold fields. The Institute's Journal recorded this process and major developments in the industry and has disseminated knowledge ever since.
The SAIMM is a professional institute with local and international links aimed at assisting members source news and views about technological developments in the mining, metallurgical and related sectors.
Follow us on...
For more information contact: Kea Shumba, SAIMM · Tel: 011 834-1273 · E-mail: Kea@saimm.co.za